We are delighted to announce that the TY school musical, The Addams Family, will be going ahead this year with additional measures put in place for the safety of both teachers and students. Please read below for details on these changes;
• Auditions: Usually, students are allowed to audition in small groups. Students will now have to audition by themselves keeping a 2m distance from two teachers (both wearing face coverings).
• Rehearsals: Dance rehearsals will be a maximum of 15 people and will take place after school under the marquees outside. Face coverings will be required for dance rehearsals. Actors will be blocked to adhere to social distancing.
• Singing: GCC plan to pre-record singing to eliminate live singing on the night. This is required to comply with the current guidelines provided by The Department of Education & Skills (August 2020).
• Live Performance: Due to the limited numbers allowed for social gatherings, GCC propose to live stream the performance on the night(s), to allow family members to view the hard work that the students have put in.
• Staging: Changes this year include using the outside area for additional dancers and another stage. This will allow for social distancing to occur throughout the show.
We feel it is important that we give the TY students an opportunity to be part of the school musical. As we are currently in Level 3, groups of 15 are allowed meet under government guidelines. If this is to elevate to Level 4 or 5 at any stage, it is important to note that rehearsals will be postponed and, worst case scenario, the musical will be cancelled.
The Musical Team