Students who are experiencing learning difficulties may avail of learning support. Elements of the service include:
- Aptitude testing for all first year students
- Small group tuition up to Junior Certificate
- On-going liaison with the parents/guardians of students requiring learning support through the medium of academic progress & behaviour reports and summative school term reports at October, December, February, Easter and June.
- One to one resource classes with subject specific teachers
- Social skill development modules
- Access to special needs assistants and learning support teachers
- Access to our Learning Hub uniquely designed to
- ease transition from primary to second level education
- offer students one to one tuition time
- provide students with individual learning plans to assist learning
- offer students relief and support throughout the academic calendar
Resource teaching is offered to certain students on the basis of the results of aptitude tests/psychological reports and following consultation with parents/guardians and primary school teachers. The level of availability is dependent on the allocation of teaching hours by the Department of Education and Science.