We hope you and your families have had a safe and enjoyable Summer break. We look forward to welcoming back all our staff and students to school at the end of August. In the interim, preparations for re-opening continue apace and we wish to update you on the information we have received to date from the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Please click on the link below to view the letter circulated to schools last Friday 13 August. Key points include:
- A new template COVID-19 response plan will issue to schools on 18 August 2021.
- The COVID-19 response plan should be brought for noting to the next planned Board of Management meeting (Monday 20 September 2021)
- The updates to the plan do not require schools to take action in advance of normal reopening.
- Advice on class room ventilation and CO2 monitors is provided.
- Information on funding and planned communications with parents is also included.
Parents are asked to note that we hope to be in a position to make lockers available to students on their return to school. We also anticipate that we will return to our traditional school finishing times for all students. A Cork ETB principals’ meeting will take place on Wednesday 18 August. Once this meeting has taken place and the new template COVID-19 response plan has issued we will be in a position to finalise our re-opening arrangements for the week beginning Monday 30 August. We hope to update you again next Friday 20 August.
GCC Senior Management
Ronan McCarthy (Principal), Gertie Cahill (Deputy Principal), Seamus Kennefick (Deputy Principal), Sean McGrath (Deputy Principal)