Dear Parents,

You will be aware that there has been a very strong response from stakeholders to the DES decision to reopen schools next week for Leaving Certs and Special Classes. Our understanding, following a meeting of Cork ETB Principals and Deputy Principals this afternoon, is that high level meetings are currently taking place and the situation continues to evolve. In this context we will defer sharing our plan for school reopening until we receive written instruction from the DES and have further clarity around the responsibilities of schools.

We will communicate with you again tomorrow.

GCC Senior Management