Dear Parents/Guardians & Students,
Parents are aware of our Misneach programme which is a GCC initiative aimed at promoting a more inclusive and integrative school community that celebrates, supports and challenges all groups within our school. This morning at tutorial, students were introduced to our Misneach team, its mission and the target areas for 2022. Please click on the following link to view the presentation:
Supporting Adolescents through Exam Stress
Cork Education Support Centre have an upcoming free online workshop to support adolescents through exam stress. It will identify practical techniques for adolescents to minimise stress and anxiety and maximise learning.
It will be facilitated by Nicola Culloty, a Primary School Teacher and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist working with both adults and children. This workshop is free of charge and suitable for teachers and parents/guardians.
Any parent interested in attending this webinar can register using the school roll number 76064F.
To book the event click here.
For important information and timetables for the upcoming pre-examinations for 3rd and 6th year students please click here.
First Year Hurling Tournament
The first year hurling tournament in going into week 3 and gaining great momentum with great competition and great fun. See below to view the latest teams, table and updates:
Focus of the Week
Please note our area of focus for the week beginning Monday 31 January 2022 is student uniform. A reminder that:
• students must be in full uniform at all times everyday
• on the days they have PE students are permitted to wear the school tracksuit
• with the current cold weather and need for ventilation students are permitted to wear a hoodie inside their tracksuit top. TY hoodies can only be worn inside a school top
• only school jackets are allowed. Students are not allowed to wear non-school jackets around the school.
• leggings and non-school tracksuit ends are not allowed
• the student must provide a note in their school journal if there is a reason why they are not in correct uniform
This message was highlighted to students at tutorials and was also included in the general announcement to students this morning.
School Car Park
We would like to thank parents for their cooperation with our new entry/exit system to the school car park. A reminder that:
- From 8.30am to 9.10am Monday to Friday the school car park will be entry only. The exit lane from the car park will be closed at these times.
- From 3.30pm to 4.10pm Monday to Thursday and 12.30pm to 1.10 pm on Friday the school car park will be exit only. The entry lane to the school car park will be closed at these times.
We would be grateful if parents could remind students
- to use the pedestrian footpaths and not walk along or between cars when entering/leaving the school
- use the pedestrian gates only and not enter or leave the school via the main gate
These small few steps will help ensure added safety for our students when accessing the school grounds.
We hope you have a nice weekend
GCC Senior Management
Ronan McCarthy (Principal), Gertie Cahill (Deputy Principal), Seamus Kennefick (Deputy Principal), Sean McGrath (Deputy Principal)