Parents are asked to note that entry of October Assessment results will be completed by staff on VSware by next Friday 22 October 2021. We expect that results will be available for parents to access the week beginning Monday 25 October 2021.
Supporting the Safe Provision of Schooling (SSPS) Covid Inspection
The school underwent an SSPS (Supporting the Safe Provision of Schooling) Covid inspection today Friday 15 October 2021. DES Post-Primary Inspector Mr Fintan O Mahony led the inspection. The inspection also examined our Child Protection procedures in the school. A report will issue to our Board of Management in due course but the verbal feedback form Mr. O Mahony was extremely positive.
CAO Virtual Information Evening for students & Parents
An information evening for students, parents and guardians in association with CAO, the Institute of Guidance Counsellors and the National Parents Council post-primary will take place on Tuesday, 19 October 2021 from 7pm – 8.15pm. To register for this webinar and for further information please click here.
The evening’s agenda will include presentations from representatives of CAO, IGC and the National Parents Council post-primary. The evening will conclude with an FAQ session where some of the common queries received by all three organisations will be highlighted.
GCC Open Evening and Virtual Tour
To view our open evening Principals address and Virtual Tour please click on the links below:
Munster Programming Training For Students
Munster Programming Training (MPT) has been running very successfully for the past 16 years and is now extremely popular. This course is targeted at 13 to 14 year olds in the Munster region. The aim of this programme is to offer training in web design, web gaming and video production. The programme consists of a series of 15 formal and practical lectures that will be delivered by Faculty and research staff of the School.
The programme will provide students with:
1. An introduction to web design, Minecraft gaming and creative design.
2. An interest in computers by encouraging young students to learn about programming at an early age.
3. Learning how web-based games and applications are programmed and having fun programming at home.
Students should have a strong aptitude for maths and a genuine interest in computers / programming.
Time: Saturday mornings from 10.00am to 1.00pm beginning on 6th November 2021.
Venue: UCC’s Western Gateway Building, Western Road, UCC.
Fee: €200 per student for 16 weeks. For Payment, Dates and registration details click here
Bikes For Africa
Cork City Council and Cork City Rotary club are running a project called ‘Bikes for Africa’. It involves the collection of unused bikes at the Kinsale Road Civic Amenity Site and sending them to Africa following repair (if necessary) . The project aims to provide a mode of transport for children in Africa, enabling them to access education. Click here for more information and drop off areas for this great cause.
Congratulations to the following GCC students on their recent achievements:
- Luke Merigan – 1st Year Rang Barra – who won the Cork County Cross County U13 Boys Title
- Lydia Walsh – 5th Year Rang Nuala – who finished 2nd in the Cork County Cross Country U17 Girls 4000m race
- Caoimhe Richmond 4th Year Rang Niamh Munster u-16 Football Title beating Kerry back in August
- Erins Own U14 camogie ladies club who won the Premier County Championship on Saturday 9 October. The team included Eileen Lynch 1st Year Rang Barra, Meabh O Callaghan (Rang Peadair), Rebecca O Callaghan (Rang Eoghan), Avril Keating (Rang Brid) and Chloe Hurley (Rang Eilis).
We hope you have a nice weekend.
GCC Senior Management
Ronan McCarthy (Principal), Gertie Cahill (Deputy Principal), Seamus Kennefick (Deputy Principal), Sean McGrath (Deputy Principal)