Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Please see the information below regarding GCC’s Summer Assessments 2020.
As outlined previously, our 2020 Summer Assessment procedures for all students will include the following 2 components:
- Recognition of Prior Learning: Total Weighting: 70%
- May 2020 Assessment (an element of which will include a reflection on subject learning): Total Weighting: 30%
Please click on the link below to view the assessment schedule;
Summer Assessments 2020 Updated on 20th May
Please note teachers will provide students with the required information for assessment tasks through the Google Classroom forum.
The following key principles underpinned the decision making process:
1. Inclusivity and equity of access by all students.
3. A consistency of approach across all subjects and year groups.
4. Completion of the assessment process by Friday 29 May 2020.
The decision making process on our Summer Assessment plan has been informed by the advice and direction provided by a number of stakeholders. These include:
- Review of submissions from GCC staff and subject departments
- DES advice to schools with regard to Assessment at Junior Cycle
- ETBI policy template on School Based Assessment Policy for Junior Cycle Students
- Consultation with other schools through the Cork ETB principals forum
- Consultation with other schools through National Principals and Deputy Principals (NAPD) forum.
Doigrais Awards 2020
Our Diograis Awards ceremony cannot go ahead as normal this year. However, our staff have agreed that the school should make every effort to acknowledge our students in as practical a way as possible. To this end we asked our teachers to complete and submit their Diograis nomination forms as they do each year. We are pleased to inform you that all students who have been nominated will be informed of this positive news by receipt of notification in the post.
In the meantime, the selection process continues. All year Heads and Subject Coordinators have received the collated list of nominees and have been asked to decide on their final shortlist and chose a winner for each award. results will be returned by Friday 15th May with winners informed the following week.
We will continue to update you as required through the school website and via our text messaging system.
GCC Senior Management Tuesday 12 May 2020