Dear Parents of 5th Year students,
Please click on the link below to view the School Return to Learning Form which parents (or students over 18) must sign stating that you have no reason to believe that your child has infectious disease and that you have followed all medical and public health guidance with respect to exclusion of your child from educational facilities.
Link to School Return to Learning Form
School Return to Learning Form (For printing)
Parents and 5th Year students are asked to note that this form must be completed and returned to the school before the student can recommence on site lessons on Monday 15 March 2021. You have the option of completing the online version of the form (link above) or print off a hard copy of the form and bring it with you on Monday morning.
Parents and students are asked to read the following information carefully and in detail:
Students must be in full school uniform on their return to school.
- Using the dispenser available in each classroom, students must sanitize their hands as they enter and leave the classroom.
- Students must bring their own wipes to school and will be required to wipe down the desk and chair they are at each time they enter a classroom.
- Windows are to be open as fully as possible when classrooms are not in use (e.g. during break-times or lunch-times (assuming not in use) and also at the end of each school day) and partially open when classrooms are in use.
- Students will be assigned a seat by their subject teacher. This will be their assigned seat for all their classes. This is to facilitate contact tracing if required.
- Students are required to wear a face mask during all classes, when on corridors and using outdoor courtyard areas.
Timetable and Break Times
- A full school timetable will be in operation for 6th Year students
- Students must bring their own lunch each day until the online purchase system is recommenced.
- We expect that it will be after the Easter holidays at the earliest before this facility is up and running.
- We will notify parents and students once this system is re-established.
- During break times students must continue to wear a mask unless they are eating or drinking.
A reminder to all parents and students of the symptoms of Covid-19. Parents are advised to keep students at home if they are sick or if they have any symptoms of COVID-19
- High temperature
- A new cough
- Shortness of breath /breathing difficulties
- Loss of smell/taste or distortion of taste.
We have been asked to remind students that informal meeting up outside school, for example to participate in a study group or to rehearse for a school-related activity, is not
permitted under current public health restriction measures.
We look forward to welcoming back our 5th Year students on Monday. Since our return to school in September we have had high levels of cooperation from parents and students with our Covid protocols. While there are no guarantees, continued compliance gives all of us in the school community the best opportunity to ensure GCC remains Covid free.
GCC Senior Management